Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st day of school


School is in full swing now.  Here's Jace and I on the first day of school.  He's holding up three fingers to signify 3rd grade.  I am thinking...I'm old.  To many years to count.  Ric...refrain.


Jordan (blue) and Jarrett starting the 8th grade.  How cute are they?  They are already spoken for by the Van Zyl's.  Now, I don't believe in pre-arranged marriages...but we can shove a little, right Dani?



I forced them to hold up 8 fingers...come on!  Just do it...your so cool.  

Tell me...where in the world does the time go?   


1 comment:

  1. Ok seriously, you old. I don't think so. I am still trying to figure out how you seem to be getting younger while I, well let's just say am not. I am very grateful however that there was never a countdown for me. I may have had to hurt someone. kidding (kinda) ;)
    You know when people say that as your kids get older you begin to realize how old you are? Well, my opinion is much different. I have taken a whole different view. I believe that our children are the only thing that keeps us young. When I look at my children I see a piece of me in each of them. Sometimes a very small piece but still... I realize that together with God I created something so amazing and beautiful. Better than anything else I could ever do. So when I look at them I feel alive even when my age says something different.
    Now I hope that this little pep talk has made you feel 28 again. Which is how old you look my sweet wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete