Saturday, August 14, 2010

Royals + Rain = Ridiculous

Brian drove the bus for about 35 adults, mostly men, being that it was a father and son event to the Royals game last night.  And then there was me.  Anyway...off to the Royals game we go in 111 heat index.  I was smart tho, I wore a strappy little summery top.  Super cute and cool.  My shoulders were almost bare.  Since we were in the semi/bus we had to park in the back 40, almost on the other side of Arrowhead.  By the time we got to our seats we had walked 15 miles, uphill.  And we were sweating.  We sat down for maybe 10 minutes.  It starts to pour.  And it kept pouring for 2 hours.  We looked at everything you can look at in the K.  Did you know you can record yourself broadcasting the game in the hall of fame?
We did it...twice. And you can design your own ballpark.  Again, twice.  


Kelly, another pastor, decided it was time to go.  The Royals were ahead, and the Yankees needed to finish the game, hoping for a win.  So they didn't call the game.  They waited it out.  And ended up winning!   


Needless to say, with rain comes cooler temps.  It was wonderful, but I went from sweating to freezing in about 10 minutes.   Remember my super cool practical top?  Wah...I know.  Get over it...It stopped raining while we are waiting for Brian to pick us up in the bus and as we start walking out of the ballpark, guess what?  Pouring down rain.  I chattered all the way home.  We just had to laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment