Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New

Life is BUSY!  Jace came home sick today, the 3 extra hours I had today was a gift!  I've been wanting to share about my summer but haven't found the time to sit down and do it.  I'll be brief...

Nicaragua was a HUGE experience for me. The Lord used me in ways only He can.  I was challenged to do things and to love people like I've never done before.  I met our sponsored child, Carlos.  He was an absolute delight...he reminded me of our boys, full of joy.  It was an honor to meet him, a lot of people never get the chance to meet their child.  We took him to McDonald's and it was like Disneyworld to him.  He wants to name his first children Brian and Sharla.  Poor kids.


A new job came open at school, one I knew I was highly unqualified for, but the challenge intrigued me.  I loved my job in the library and love my librarian, Mesha so I was hesitant to leave.  And it was full-time, it would require traveling to 23 schools, leaving the kids I had invested in so much and working with special needs kids.  While in Nicaragua, Ted Burden had written a daily journal entry for us to study.  One day he wrote about loving the unloved, the cast aside, the unnoticed...while he was talking about the Nica's...it changed my heart and I knew right away I would take the job loving the kids...while they are not unloved...they are sometimes treated differently.  I started in August ready to take on whatever!  I was so excited and good grief...I LOVE my job.  It has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.  My favorite...Jack.  Calls me Miss Cardinals.  He want's me to come to the game this Friday night to watch him be an honorary coach and so he can introduce me to his parents.  One of many stories...Life is good.  God is good.  Another reason I am at the job...walk the journey with my friend who is struggling, but she has been a HUGE blessing to me and has taught me so much already.  Grateful she took a chance on me.  Thanks B.  

Also, there was a birthday...it was painful.  But I lived, and we shall never speak of it again. Understand?  Good.  ;)  Oh yeah...Coke sent us to Disney World and gave us a cooler full of coke.  I drank it all up.



Lastly, I am singing in a funeral this Friday morning for Amy Hopkins, 23, daughter of Don and Cindy.  She was a beautiful little red head who had a brilliant mind for medicine.  I'm singing My Chains are Gone...she really is free now.  Her parents are crushed...but trusting God's great peace and His plan.  Say a prayer for them to feel His love.  

You are SO loved!  S


No comments:

Post a Comment